Sunday, February 20, 2011

Encyclopedias of the Supernatural

Pyramid Books "The Satanists" (edited by Peter Haining) is more than just a great collection of satanic fact and fictional short stories from the likes of Crowley, Lovecraft, Wheatly, Bloch, Derleth, etc., for sandwiched between pages 128 and 129 is a truly great fold-out advertisment from The Universe Book Club offering all the black magical demon worship you could possibly ever handle-- and for only ten cents too! So, how much would you pay for the strange secrets and evil dark powers of centuries past?




5 comments:

Drazen said...

Baphomet looks so cute popping out from the pages!

Mr. Karswell said...

>Baphomet looks so cute popping out from the pages!

He does indeed make the most darling little bookmark of all timez!! awwww!

Anonymous said...

I have this paperback too but not the encyclopedia ad,I can see where it was though I guess whoever owned it before me tore it out,bummer

Prof. Grewbeard said...

i read Peter Haining's A Dream Of Dracula back in the day, excellent!

Unknown said...

You know, I think I used to have one of those "Black Magic" books. Can't for the life of me recall what happened to it, which is kind of a bummer.