Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Secret of Your Mother's Tomb

Okay, it's actually "The Secret of the Mummy's Tomb" ('73) but today is Mother's Day so here's a tale for you and your best loved mummy to enjoy together. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with these Peter Pan Book & Records, and this one from the exciting G.I. Joe adventure line was my favorite. For those whippersnappers too young to remember, you would read along with the pictures while listening to the record, turning the pages at the signal. It works just as well on its own as a comic book, but if you're curious about the record itself you can find it all nicely put together right HERE on youtube, (thanks to Jim Sweet.)




























And because today is a holiday of course, here's a few nice vintage Mother's Day cards from the exhaustive Karswell Greeting Card Kollection... have a wonderful day, friends and moms!
 1.


2.

4 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

my mummy's in the hospital(til tuesday)so the bandages are oddly appropriate!...

Mr. Cavin said...

That guy sure has an awfully Mesoamerican name for an Egyptian mummy.

I'm digging the bare-bones Carl Pfeufer art here.

Mykal Banta said...

Happy Mummy's Day (I hope your mum's OK, Prof.)!

The artwork was suprisingly good in that comic! Very cool. Carl Pfeufer! Thanks, Mr. Cavin - I was wondering.

Mr. Karswell said...

And Happy Mummy's Day to everyone who commented, thanks for stopping by (Prof, what happened to your mom?)