Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Charlie McCarthy in The Haunted Hide-out

For those that missed it the first time-- and as long as we're on a ventriloquist kick this week-- I thought I'd re-share some scans I originally donated to Magic Carpet Burn (RIP) a few years back. And if you're one of those types that think ventriloquist dolls are creepy (see last post / comments) then enjoy today's classic Dell story from Four Color #196, September 1948 --because what better place to put animated dolls than inside of a spooky old house setting?





























2 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Whenever I don't think Charlie McCarthy is quite creepy enough, I just imagine that it's really a tiny wooden Fritz Lang on somebody's lap and that usually does the trick.

Mr. Karswell said...

I'd Iove to see the kinds of movies that tiny wooden Fritz Lang would make!