Monday, October 7, 2013

Jake Schuffert --An Original Art Piece!

Recently, I received an email from a wonderful woman from Sidney, Illinois named Lynda. Having seen my November 2011 AEET blog posts about military cartoonist Jake Schuffert (click HERE for both posts), she dropped me a line to inquire if I was interested in obtaining a 13.5 x 16 inch mounted piece of original Jake art dated 1963 that had been personalized by the artist himself and given to her husband's uncle back in the day! Needless to say, after a few more emails exchanged, the fantastic artwork you see below now resides in the permanent Karswell Kollection. A close examination of the piece only verifies what an artistic genius Jake was, his lush line work, inking, and brilliant composition-- and oh yes, let's not forget how funny it is too-- make for a truly awesome, one of a kind piece!

Another huge thanks to Lynda for contacting me-- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!



7 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Man, that dude's line control is totally insane. This is an excellent acquisition, man. It's going to look fantastic on the wall.

Mr. Karswell said...

This will be framed and hung ASAP, no doubt about that!

Wings1295 said...

Get a suitably retro frame!

Brian Barnes said...

And people say blogging is thankless!

Mr. Karswell said...

Indeed! I was saying on facebook, for every 50 jerks I encounter online, I meet one amazing person like Lynda who understands that sometimes the simply act of sharing in the love of art is much more important than the dollar sign.

A frame on the way!

JMR777 said...

"sharing in the love of art is so much more important than the dollar sign" I can relate.
I had a funny sign called "Retail refugees" featuring the worn out burned out employees of a retail store with one character with a shocked look on his face saying "I told him he needed a large, but Nooo, he had to try on and button up a medium. I've never seen a suit explode before, did anyone else make it?"
I gave this sign to a local thrift store with the instructions it was to be hung in a place where all the employees could see it. I was told everyone there got a kick out of it. Sorry I didn't try to scan in the image of the sign, I didn't think anyone outside of the trenches of a warzone (my nickname for retail hades) would appreciate it.
Anyway, giving gifts large or small for no reason other than to brighten someone's day helps make life a little bit better in my humble opinion.

Mykal Banta said...

Sweet