Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Birthday Recipe of Treats (For Someone Sweet)

Another adorable thing I picked up on my recent adventure to Chicago was this incredible mid century Hallmark birthday card that also doubles as a recipe book! Full of tasty treat ideas, (I'm definitely going for the candy rolls!) and equally tasty illustrations by Pat Paris, this card, which is over a dozen pages long, is so sweet I could almost eat it-- staples and all! I'll have more vintage birthday cards in the next post, it's fitting as March is birthday overload month in my family.

















4 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

super freaking awwwwwww! i would have loved to have gotten this card when i was a little mid-century girl :)

Mr. Karswell said...

from one nearing mid century person to another, I have to agree 😊

Mr. Cavin said...

I'll third that.

I love the three clips of the cook on the peanut butter cluster page. She looks so cute dumping ingredients out of bags! Also, frankly, the word cookie looks a lot more adorable spelled with a Y. This thing really got it right.

JMR777 said...

The Elf cooks helping out pushed this book into the extra cute category, which is never a bad thing. We all need a dose of cute now and then to perk up our spirits and drive away the gloom, especially Monday Gloominess, that's the worst!

Thanks for the dose of cute, Karswell!