Sunday, January 1, 2017

Olszewski's HAUNTED MANSION Gallery of Light Boxes

My trip last fall to a Downtown Disney Orlando art gallery went from being very cool to being ultra mind blowing when I noticed a small Olszewski Gallery of Light display in one section of the store. Once you see the pictures below you'll know why, and at the time I knew that eventually I would own the two pieces I wanted the most out of the wonderful selection on hand: Disney Haunted Mansion miniature light boxes, one from Madame Leota's seance parlor, and the other featuring the 3 ghostly hitchhikers that sit on your lap as you exit the ride. Each box features small resin sculptures and is about 5 inches high/deep, highlighted by a highly detailed 3D layering scene and atmospheric on/off LED lighting with hidden button on the front (in the leaves)-- it's like owning an actual real View Master scene in a box!👻 They're incredibly hard to photograph unfortunately, so these pictures definitely do not do them justice, but take it from me they are truly amazing.

See more from the collection HERE!  (FYI: Both boxes are sold out too, so try eBay!)















4 comments:

JMR777 said...

Even with a smartphone and Google glasses the images can't compare to the real thing.

The mere word 'artist' doesn't do justice to Mr. Olszewski's work.

Thank you so much for posting this.

Craftypants Carol said...

Man those things are amazing!

Mr. Karswell said...

Hope to add a few more to my collection too! Thanks for the comments :)

Tom said...

I wonder why these aren't sold in the Haunted Mansion gift shop. Very cool. Mind if I ask what they set you back?